|Recycled||Birdhouses||Cloth, Yarn, String|
Seasonal Craft Projects:
Spring/Easter, etc. Craft
(March - June)
Summer Craft Websites
(July - August)
Fall/Halloween Craft Websites
Winter/Christmas/Kwanza/Hanukkah Craft Websites
(December - February)
Gift Wrap Refrigerator Magnets
- scraps of old gift wrap or old holiday cards
- ribbon, lace or other "trim"
- glitter (optional)
- scissors (including ones that cut fancy edges)
- magnet strips
Cut the cardboard into small squares and rectangles - about the size of a playing card. If your gift wrap has a pattern on it, perhaps Christmas trees, than cut the cardboard so that one object (tree) would fit on it. Take a piece of the wrapping paper and glue it onto the cardboard so that the picture is nicely centered and the wrapping paper hangs over the edges. Fold the paper over the edges of the cardboard and glue it to the back. Decorate the edges with lace or ribbon is so desired. Add glitter if desired. Cut a strip of the magnet and glue it to the back of the cardboard.
Pine Cone Critters
Here are some scaly animals to give away or to hang on your Christmas tree.
- pine cones (you will need about one medium pine cone per animal)
- wiggle eyes, buttons, or beads
- small sharp scissors
- white craft glue
- Draw animal shapes on the cardboard.
- Cut out the shapes with scissors. (You may want to ask for an adult's help.)
- Take a pine cone and carefully bend each scale backward until it snaps. Then ask an adult to help you cut the scales off the pine cones with small sharp scissors.
- Squeeze a thick line of glue on the cardboard shape where you want a row of scales to go. Then glue down the scales. Repeat for each row of scales. Overlap the scales a little so the cardboard doesn't show.
- If you want, you can leave space for the eyes and glue on wiggle eyes, buttons, or beads.
- When the glue has dried, turn your creature over and glue on a long loop of ribbon.
Pom-pom Christmas Tree Cards
- white paper
- green pom-poms (1/2 size)
- red, yellow, white pom-poms (1/4 inch size or smaller)
Fold paper into card-shape (1/4 size of original sheet). Write a holiday greeting on inside of card. On cover, glue green pom-poms into tree shape. Put yellow pom-pom "star" on top of tree. Glue small colored pom-poms on to represent ornaments.